Saturday, May 2, 2015

Sister Helen Prejean & Megan

Sister Helen Prejean & Megan. Photo by MBarrettMiller
Last night Sister Helen Prejean shared how she got involved with visitations, advocacy and eventually to being spiritual advisor to those on death row. When she spoke of her first visit to death row I had to take a deep breath as my daughter Megan ( in photo with Sister Prejean ) made her first visit to death row not too very long ago. 

Of course I was afraid for her when she made that first visit asking her all sorts of questions to ensure she would be safe. She was completely safe and has returned a half dozen times to spend two days visiting the men on the row. I couldn't be more proud of her and how she shares her heart with those that need a touch of love so very much.

 If you want more information or want to ask how you can help reach out to me at Let Kids Be Kids or directly to The Washington Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty.


No comments:

Post a Comment